Is this still true?
I tried installing 3 times, the last time, I went back to windows 7 ultimate, activated it with no problems, and then immediately used my Windows 10 ISO DVD to install windows 10. It never asked for a key I dont think, which I thought was a good sign. I did not run any update for Windows 7. I selected "keep nothing" and it installed and all was well, but when I logged in it said it was not activated and it will currently not activate.
EDIT TO LIST SOLUTION:
Basically, I did what others on this thread stated and this issue was due to me not understanding what a 'clean install' was. I thought selected "keep nothing" from within an activated Windows 7 SP1 OS was still considered an upgrade. Not true. And that maybe was a stupid thought. After many failed attempts I did the following:
- Installed Windows 7 Ultimate
- Activated it with my Key - make sure this takes
- Installed SP1
- Then I used my Windows 10 ISO disk that I burned to do an 'upgrade'. This means I selected "KEEP ALL" when it got to that point.
- It installed
- It then said it was activated. Make sure this happens.
- Then I did a 'reset' which brought me back to a clean install state.
Many thanks to the support here.
No one likes to see Cannot Activate - Keep waiting? issues when they are searching online, especially when people are playing games or having a good time in using computers. What should I do? Most computer users don't know how to remove Cannot Activate - Keep waiting? problems. Don't panic! Read the instructions below, and find out your most suitable method to repair Cannot Activate - Keep waiting? error and optimize your PC.
Recommendation: To scan, diagnose and repair your computer, use the Free Download recommended below. This program is designed to diagnose and repair errors that may be causing your computer to malfunction. SmartPCFixer is definitely the best choice for billions of Windows users who want to keep their Windows PC at peak performance. It can detect, remove and block register error, dll error, common Trojan horses with ease. With this software, you can quickly and completely troubleshoot Cannot Activate - Keep waiting? errors. Now you can follow the removal steps to automatically and quickly fix Cannot Activate - Keep waiting? errors.
1. Download SmartPCFixer Now. (Free Download Now)
2. Click Quick Scan to Solve Cannot Activate - Keep waiting? problems instantly.
3. Click Fix All to remove all computer error and speed up your PC automatically.
Troubleshoot Cannot Activate - Keep waiting? Problems Manually.
How to Perform a System Restore?(Windows 7 or Windows Vista)Sometimes, once you restore your system to an original version, Cannot Activate - Keep waiting? error will be removed with ease!
1. Click "Start", Type "System Restore" in the searching box, then choose system restore as the pictures below.
2. Click "Next", and follow the instruction to restore your PC.
Related Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/system-restore
Related: Windows 10 Upgrade Failed With Error Code 80004005,windows 10 Error 80004005,error Code 80004005 Windows 10,Windows Update Error 0x80004005 For KB3087040,Windows 10 Upgrade Failed With Error Code 80004005
Read More: ,Computer closed while updating - now won't start,BSOD, my windows slowed,Crash: Driver Not Less or Equal,BSOD Bug Check Code 0x00000139,Updates... Then forcefully restart