An article in the Trade Press over the weekend highlighted an issue whereby Microsoft are planning to automatically migrate Windows 7 and Windows 8 PCs to Windows 10 via the automatic updates service. For customers who wish to enjoy Windows 10 this will not be a problem. However for customers wishing to remain on their current version of Windows some action will be required to prevent the migration. My own opinion on Windows 10 is that there is little benefit to most of my customers in migrating. Added to that Windows 10 still has some stability issues and a huge privacy issue because Microsoft have the right to retain personal information from your computer and use it for their purposes. This can only be prevented by a long winded settings change (over 13 windows!). My advice for the moment is not to update to Windows 10 unless you can see some material benefit to yourselves. Of all the customers who have so far migrated less than 25% have enjoyed a trouble-free migration. Others have suffered a long series of issues ranging from loss of emails, or loss of sound right up to loss of all personal data.
This is the procedure for preventing the automatic update to Windows 10. Please note that this is given out as the best available knowledge right now, and it may not be foolproof.
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Click to open Windows Update.
3. Click VIEW UPDATE HISTORY
4. Click the link SEE INSTALLED UPDATES
5. Wait until all the updates are listed then scroll down to the section titled Microsoft Windows
6. Locate and highlight the update called Update for Microsoft Windows KB2952664
7. With the update highlighted click UNINSTALL near the top of the window.
8. The dialogue box ARE YOU SURE opens reply YES
9. The dialogue box asking you to restart the computer opens. Click RESTART LATER
10. Locate and highlight the update called Update for Microsoft Windows KB3035583
11. With the update highlighted click UNINSTALL near the top of the window.
12. The dialogue box ARE YOU SURE opens reply YES
13. The dialogue box asking you to restart the computer opens. Click RESTART NOW
14. When the computer has restarted, return to the Control Panel and open Windows Update again.
15. Click Check for Updates
16. Wait until the process completes. There should be a message similar to 2 important updates are available
17. Locate and right click on Update for Microsoft Windows KB2952664.
18. Left click on HIDE UPDATE
19. Locate and right click on Update for Microsoft Windows KB3035583
20. Left click on HIDE UPDATE,
21. Close Windows Update and Control Panel.
According to our best information this procedure will prevent the automatic update of your computer.
Follow the steps below and you can solve the Avoid updating to win 10 - a good idea? issue from the computer within minutes.
1. Download SmartPCFixer Now. (Free Download Now)
2. Click Quick Scan to Remove Avoid updating to win 10 - a good idea? problems completely.
3. Click Fix All to remove all computer error and speed up your PC automatically.
Error Number 0x800ccc0f Outlook Express,Outlook Error 0x80070057,Outlook Error 19992,Outlook Error Messages,Outlook Send Receive Error 0x800ccc0f
Read More:,isscript.msi download windows 8,RPC_X_SS_CONTEXT_DAMAGED,runtime error 2 at 00004ad4,error 2038,how to fix 403 forbidden error